Use of the Website
4. The Website is for your personal use only and is subject to the “Acceptable use” section below.
5. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code known as a “Nickname”, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. Your Nickname must not include any of the objectionable content listed in the “Acceptable use” section below or be your actual name.
7. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Website and all content located on the Website (other than your contributions) remain vested in us or our licensors (as the case may be). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
8. You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
9. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Contributions to the Website
10. By sharing any contribution (including any text or graphics) with us, you grant to us, free of charge, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use, modify, adapt, display, create derivative works, sub-licence and make available to the public, your contribution (or part of it) in any way we want for our services in any media worldwide.
11. You confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any third party’s rights or laws, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16 years old.
12. You acknowledge that your use of the Website may have an impact on other users or visitors to the Website. Accordingly, you agree to the following Acceptable use terms.
13. You must only use the Website for lawful purposes. Contributing material to the Website with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
14. You must not impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, or otherwise do anything which is likely to deceive any person.
15. You must not offer goods or services for sale or rent.
16. You must not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating material in relation to the Website.
17. You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to or with the Website, including by supplying links to such material, or any material in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else, restricts or inhibits anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Website. This means you must not do anything which harasses or causes an inconvenience, annoyance or needless anxiety to any person, including (without limitation) transmitting offensive, defamatory or objectionable material whether in your Nickname, team name or otherwise.
18. Examples of objectionable material include material that which promotes:
- illegal drugs;
- alcohol abuse;
- sexually explicit activities; or
- the occult, including witchcraft and sorcery;
or which is:
- offensive, or contains swearing;
- racist or otherwise discriminatory (including on the basis of sex, religion, sexual orientation or age);
- threatening, abusive or otherwise constitutes bullying; or
19. Under no circumstances are you permitted to submit or share photos or personal information of individuals from whom you have not received the consent from the individual who is identifiable from the photos or personal information, or the consent of their parent or guardian if they are under 16 years old, or photos which are likely to be humiliating or distressing.
20. We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Website.
22. All accounts must be registered with an adult’s (or in the case of a child, that child’s parent’s) valid personal email address that you access regularly so that correspondence can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
23. We reserve the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or if a-non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
24. We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) on the Website.
25. We reserve the right to delete any contribution, or take action against your account (including closing it) at any time, for any reason.
26. If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content, engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Website or otherwise breach the Acceptable Use provisions above, and we consider such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, we may use whatever information that is available to us about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
27. If your account remains inactive for 6 months or more, we may close your account.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
34. Certain content posted on the Website is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not ours. We are not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the Website or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the Website. Any links provided by our Website to any third party Websites are provided for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the material, and have no control over, the third party websites to which we provide links.
35. Any links to third party sites from the Website do not amount to any endorsement of that site by us and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
36. The Website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons are provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. We do not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by us is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of us for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Website.
37. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, and any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time; and
- to the extent permitted by applicable law, for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
38. Without prejudice to section 37, if you are a subscription user, our liability to you for any loss or damage you suffer in connection with the Website is limited to the subscription fee you have paid to us.
40. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
41. Our failure or delay to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive our right to enforce that right.
42. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
You can contact us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or sending us correspondence to: Footee Limited, Northwood House, 138 Bromham Road, Bedford, MK40 2QW.